In the Russian metropolis of Kondopoga, the traditional Church of the Assumption, the image of the town, caught hearth.
According to the Russian Emergency Ministry, a hearth report was obtained at 9:33 a.m. native time. The hearth consumed sixty sq. meters, 24 individuals and 6 vehicles have been engaged in the fire-fighting operations. Additional models for extinguishing the fireplace at a traditionally necessary construction got here from the town of Petrozavodsk.
The first mentioning of a church at this place dates again to 1563. However, the present picket constructing appeared later, in 1774.